I recall one afternoon, sitting in the car with my father after a trip to Penzey’s spice shop. Dad stared in silence at the large bag of recently purchased spices in his lap; then sighed, “I’m sure a sucker for cooking spices. Most of these will probably remain unopened.” This memory reminds me of the current interest in essential oils.
We inhale the lovely aromas and learn how essential oils improve our daily lives; then later, our purchases often remain sealed, only a few seeing regular use. I’m guilty of this, too, even running my farm business. So to avoid Dad’s experience with spices, I put on my organization cap and examined which essential oils I use on a regular basis:
Peppermint: This is my most used oil!
- Evict mice, bugs, and spiders (simply add a few drops to a cotton ball and place near doors, windows, etc)
- Laundry need a boost? Add few drops in the washer or dryer
- Aromatherapy to ease nasal congestion
Lavender: This wonderful oil helps relax at the end of a long day!
- Make a spray for pillows at bedtime
- Add a couple drops to hand or body lotion
- Blend a custom facial toner
Orange: I enjoy this lovely scent year round!
- Use 1-4 drops in a diffuser
- Add 1-2 drops to clay mud mask
- Serves as an antioxidant, the perfect addition to a custom facial toner
Peppermint, lavender, and orange essential oils are my “Big 3,” used daily in my room sprays, personal facial toner, and all-natural cleaning solution. They are also important ingredients in my homemade salt scrub and clay masks. If you are interested in adding essential oils to your life or gifting to friends this holiday season, start with these three. Essential oils truly add quality to our lives!
For the holiday season, I’m offering a starter kit containing my “Big 3,” including a worksheet to create all of the products above.
Stocked up on Lip Balm for the winter?
You can purchase through my Etsy site, or please message me for custom orders.
Thanks for reading!