School is back in session, football season has begun, and harvest time is in full swing. Since life is so busy for all right now, I wrote a quick list, reflecting on our first year in the country.
- Never, I repeat, never wear dress shoes to the barn!
- Farm fresh eggs really do taste richer.
- Living so far from town, we learned to make due with what was here instead of a quick trip to the store.
- In the days of teen drama and mean girls, watching my daughter embrace her inner farm girl gives us great joy and relief.
- That welcoming call of the goats and sheep at feeding time, so simple, such happy and friendly animals, I look forward to night time chores.
- A clear, country night sky for star gazing
- The magic of the woods: Fiddle-head hunting on a rainy spring day, the refreshing coolness of the creek in summer, autumn’s fire and beauty…
- Watching the garden grow and learning to incorporate endless meals with tomatoes…
- Peace and happiness…